BREAKING BARRIERS PRO BONO LAW PROJECT
Criminal convictions can get in the way of your future aspirations for the107-licensed professions in New York State, despite how old the conviction is.
There is a way to overcome…
Although there is no expungement of your criminal record in New York, Certificates of Relief from Disabilities and Certificates of Good Conduct can be granted. These certificates, when issued for specific licenses, provide that your conviction should no longer bar you from being granted the license.
Breaking Barriers is a FREE, program run by students at the Touro Law School, supervised by practicing volunteer attorneys. We will assist you
- Obtaining your RAP sheet (Report of Arrest and Prosecution)
- Review it for mistakes and inaccuracies (70% have mistakes)
- Assist you in fixing any mistakes
- Assess your eligibility for the above certificates
- Help you apply for the certificates
- Provide you tips on a successful outcome
CONTACT US TODAY!
Please leave your full name and contact phone number or email:
(631)650-2322 or firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS FREE PROGRAM IS A COOPERATIVE EFFORT BETWEEN TOURO LAW SCHOOL AND THE LEGAL AID SOCIETY OF SUFFOLK COUNTY; AND IS SPONSERED BY THE SUFFOLK COUNTY EXEUTIVE, SUFFOLK COUNTY PROBATION-RE-ENTRY TASC FORCE, AND LIMAC.